This page offers an entrance to information about collaborative modes of research. It compiles links to the Toolkit Inventory, to Conferences, Journals, Blogs and Newsletters.
This page will grow with your input: we are open for suggestions to be included in this overview. Contact
The toolkits featured in the toolkit inventory are collections of methods, procedures, concepts, heuristics and/or other resources that can be used in designing and implementing interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary processes in research, practice or education.
The toolkit inventory is an ongoing project of the ITD Alliance working group Toolkits & Methods. It provides an overview over toolkits for collaborative modes of research, debates how to adequately characterise toolkits and tools, and explores what we can learn from such a characterisation.
Link to the Toolkit Inventory
Conferences of ITD Alliance Members
○ Sustainability Research & Innovation (SRI) Congress 2022
June 20-24, 2022, Pretoria, South Africa (online, hybrid, and on-site)
○ 13th Annual International Science of Team Science (SciTS)
July 31-August 3, 2022, The Bethesdan Hotel, Bethesda, Maryland, USA (in-person, virtual attendee friendly)
The ITD Alliance member International Network for the Science of Team Science brings together a range of disciplines to share and advance the latest evidence-based methods in team collaboration and transdisciplinary research at its SciTS 2022 Conference.
Link to SciTS 2022 Conference
○ Association for Interdisciplinary Studies Annual Conferencece (SciTS)
November 10-12, 2022, Sonoma State University, California, USA (in-person, with online opportunities)
he ITD Alliance member Association for Interdisciplinary Studies offers reduced fees for ITD Alliance members for their 44th Annual Conference with the guiding theme Wicked Problems and Interdisciplinarity: Sustainability, Resilience, and Designing the Future.
Link to Association for Interdisciplinary Studies Annual Conference
There are many conferences where tools, approaches and case studies relevant to inter- and transdisciplinarity are presented and discussed. Integration and Implementation Sciences (I2S) compile an overview structured into six categories.
Link to i2S Conferences Overview
An increasing number of journals encourage inter- and transdisciplinary contributions. Integration and Implementation Sciences (i2S) provides an overview on their website, including more than 80 journals.
Link to i2S Journals Overview
Newsletters & Blogs
There are many Newsletters and Blogs where news, events, tools, studies, and other information relevant to inter- and transdisciplinarity are presented and discussed.
○ Integration and Implementation Sciences (i2S) maintains a blog, that is updated on a regular basis and contains methods, frameworks, processes, concepts, theories and competencies to better understand and act on complex societal and environmental problems.
Link to i2S blog (available in English, some posts as well in other languages)
○ Network for Transdisciplinary Research (td-net) offers a monthly newsletter providing information in transdisciplinarity specific events, literature, and community news.
Subscribe to the Newsletter of td-net (entries in in English, French and German)
○ tdAcademy newsletter informs every two months about research results, current events and new happenings in the tdCommunity.
Link to tdAcademy Newsletter (entries in English and German)
Regarding Newsletters, we would be glad to receive your input: which freely accessible newsletter(s) in the field of inter- and transdisciplinarity would you recommend? Please email the link and information to email@example.com