ITD Alliance Elections 2023 – Information and Process
Candidate profiles for Leadership Board elections: download pdf
Candidate profile for Presidency election: download pdf
Composition, duties and responsibilities of the Leadership Board
The Leadership Board co-creates the strategy of the ITD Alliance, and sets priorities for its implementation. It elaborates the governance structure of the ITD Alliance and is in close contact with the Working Groups. The members of the Leadership board represent the ITD Alliance and promote its goals of the in their networks and institutions and reach out for third party funding. The Leadership Board meets regularly online, usually once per month. Every year the General Assembly with all members of the ITD Alliance needs to be organised, often as part of a member institution’s international conference.
The Leadership Board is supported by the Executive Secretary and the Secretariat serving as contact and coordination point for the Alliance. The amount of support will grow with increasing numbers of members and potential in-kind and third party funding.
The Leadership Board consists of 5-15 board members. Members of the Leadership Board are elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years. They can be re-elected for a maximum of 3 continuous terms. After reaching maximum number of terms, re-election is possible after a break of 1 term.
The following general principles apply for composition of the leadership board:
- At least 2/3 of its members represent institutional members; however, each institutional member may only be represented on the Leadership Board by at most one representative at a time.
- The Board aims to maximize diversity and inclusion in it’s composition.
For detailed information on the governance structure as well as duties and responsibilities, please consult the bylaws (pdf download).
- Until November 1, 2023: Registration as candidate for the ITD Alliance Leadership Board possible. Candidates present themselves with a short text and a picture. Please use the template (download word document) and send the completed document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend to contact the Executive Secretary or a current member of The Leadership Board for a brief exchange on the Leadership Board’s work.
- November 6, 2023, A PDF document with all candidates will be sent to all members of the ITD Alliance
- Elections takes place via emails, all members with active mebership are invited to vote. A voting email will be sent out after the General Assembly November 8 and 9, 2023 to those entitled to vote. Voting will be open until November 17, 2023.
- The newly elected board will join the Leadership Board in December 2023, the first Leadership Board meeting will take place online on December 4th, 2023